Tuesday 15 May 2012

ABC Christmas - I is for Icy

This challenge is working it's way through the alphabet.  Before I found it, A-H had already been covered, so I've started with I:
http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/i-is-for-icy-inspiration.html

When I saw the theme, I immediately thought of an digi image that I have with fish encased in ice.  The iciness of the card increased as the card developed!

I have mainly used the penguin photo for inspiration.  It is this photo that gave me the idea of adding the Christmas frosting along the right hand edge of the card for a more 3D look.

For this card, I have used:
White square card blank
Blue snowflake scrapbook paper (from my stash)
Two different colours of glitter cardstock (from a matt pack I bought just prior to Christmas)
Doodle Dragon Studios image - FB0217128
http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/
Season' s Greetings sentiment - Digi Doodles (from Christmas 1 sentiments set)
http://www.digidoodleshop.com/
Glitter ribbon (American crafts)
Glue and christmas frosting (freebie with a cardmaking magazine)
Copic markers - R46, 100, C7, YR07, B000, C1 plus an E on the sticks (not sure of the number)

The use of the glitter cardstock and the christmas frosting as given the card a real icy feel.  I'm not sure that the photo totally does the card justice!

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for J!






2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Suze :-) the image is very cute and the icy colours and sparkle are fab :-)

    a new theme will start tomorrow ! hope you join in next time too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Chritsmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card! Great you could join us at ABC Christmas Challenge! we have a new challenge started today so hope you can come play again! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete