Sunday 12 August 2012

Punches, Dies, buttons and bows

I found two challenges this week that worked really well together.

The first is Whoopsi Daisy - punches and dies:
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/die-cuts-andor-punches.html
And the other is Brown Sugar Challenge - buttons and bows:
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-4-buttons-bows.html

I have kept to a fairly minimal colour scheme with this card so that the detail doesn't get lost:


The image that I chose to use is the latest freebie from Whoopsi Daisy which worked perfectly with the theme of dies and punches.  I have coloured her with my copics.

The dies that I have used are an oval from Marianne's Design (Creatables 1204) and a doily die from Cherry Lynn.

The punch has been used on the edge of the cream pearlised card and is a Eyelet Lace Border Punch from Martha Stewart.

I have added three gold bows and two buttons.   The buttons are some that my Mum gave me that she had had in a box for many years and not used.  I liked the pretty gold strips on them.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, love how you have used the Freebie image from Whoopsi Daisy you have coloured the image so well and your choise of colours go so well together.

    Thank you for joining in the Whoopsi Daisy Challenge and good luck.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty Suze, I love the delicate die cuts you have used.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar for the buttons and Bows challenge!! We hope you decide to join us again!!! Good luck!
    Alice B
    Brown Sugar DT

    ReplyDelete