Wednesday 26 September 2012

Around the World


My son is taking German at school this year and I had wondered about making a card with a German theme for his wonderful teacher.  This challenge at Crafty Creations gave me the push to get it done!
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/challenge-188-around-world.html
The card was also inspired by the bingo challenge at Ruby's Rainbow but unfortunately I missed the deadline on that one as I wasn't feeling well yesterday. Actually, still not well but making more of an effort today.  Enough about my flu bug, lets have a look at this card:


I am including a link to the site (Lin Ge de Pateco) where I got this image from as it is still a freebie.  It is of a church in Dresden, Germany. 
http://lingedepateco.blogspot.co.nz/2010/09/digi-stamps-freebie-dresden.html

Although, the background paper is mainly hidden, it is one from Create with TLC.  The die-cut is a Spellbinders Lattice Rectangle.  I love this particular one as it just fits on the card nicely.  There are some smaller ones in the set too but I haven't used those much.

I have kept to neutrals in the colour scheme with some chocolate brown copic coloured ribbon roses, some chocolate coloured grosgrain ribbon and some pearls.  These three additions were from the Ruby's Rainbow challenge.  Although, I didn't get it finished in time, they did give me the finishing touches for this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment