Thursday 13 September 2012

My first Tri shutter card

When I saw this tutorial on Shelly's Images I knew I just had to give this a try:
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/tri-shutter-card-tutorial.html

I had found just the challenge for a card such as this at Sassy Studio Designs:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-141.html
But what images to use?  I hadn't done anything with the Week One image from the other Sassy Studio Designs challenge and now had the Week Two image.
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/fabulous-freebie-friday-8-31-12-and-challenge
Problem solved nicely.
Since the current challenge at Shelly's Images is Anything Goes I'm able to enter it in that one too:
http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/09/ttt-terrifically-thrilling-thursday.html

So, I've told you about the challenges - now to have a look at my very first tri shutter card.  Here is it closed:

And this view fully opened out.


I have used some paper and cardstock from my stash for the base.  The paper was inspired by the colour of my school cooking apron at my intermediate school!

Images and Sentiments as follows:
Sassy Studio Designs - Backpack Brandy
Sassy Studio Designs - Back to School Brittany
TLC Creations - Perfect 10 x 6
TLC Creations - Judge a Book
Michelle Perkett Studio - Back to School Poem

I have also added some apples punched from green glitter cardstock using a Carl Craft Punch.

4 comments:

  1. Very very nice!! I love the green and the use of the two images!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at DTBST!!

    Christy
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome job you did on this card! I love the colors and the variety of images you used! Darling folds too! Thank you for joining us at the Dare to be Sassy Challenge at Sassy Studio Designs!

    Jackie, SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is FABULOUS Suze ... you did an awesome job with this technique! I'm so excited that you tried a technique that I posted over on SI ... made my day! Great job and Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suze this is fabulous. We absolutely love seeing the tutorials we post being used on projects. And your card turned out just perfectly. I think you will be doing more of these cards in the future. :) Thanks very much for joining our challenge too!

    ReplyDelete