Wednesday 10 October 2012

Pink for October

Pink is the colour for October.  A couple of years ago, a biscuit company put out strawberry Tim-Tams for October - they don't do it any more and I'm sad about that!

Anyway, after digressing back to the card:




I am entering this card in a few challenges:

Sassy Studio - Dare to be Sassy Thursday - Pink
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-145.html
Sassy Studio - FFF - supplied image
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/fabulous-freebie-friday-9-28-12-and-challenge
Jellypark Friends - pink and girlie
http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/october-has-been-renamed-pinktober-here.html
The background for the card uses the supplied word panel for the Sassy Studio Challenge.  However, I inked it up using Distress Ink and a shaving brush to give it a soft pink look.  The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and is called I'm a survivor.   I have matted the image using a soft pink paper from Computer Scrapbook. 

Onto the embellishments, the pink bow and larger pink flowers are as I bought them.  The smaller ones are white ribbon roses coloured pink using a copic marker.  I then added some small pink rhinestones to keep the curve in place.

For someone who has never been into pink (yellow and orange are more my thing), I seem to be able to craft okay with it.  Pink and girlie comes up as a challenge theme from time to time and I don't like challenges defeating me so I have had to get over my aversion to pink!



3 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous, thanks so much for joining us at Jellypark. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. Thank you for playing along with us over at Sassy Studio Designs DTBST.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love those fabric flowers x
    Thanks for playing along with us at jellypark challenge blog & good luck x
    Don't forget to pop back tomorrow to check out the new challenge and our winners x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete