Tuesday 30 October 2012

Snowman Christmas

A lovely christmas card this time featuring a snowman.



The card follows the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday:

The background papers for this card are from Bearly Mine Designs.  I have matted the layer between with silver pearlised cardstock.  The ribbon is a recent purchase - went into the shop to get something else and came out with a pack of Christmas ribbons.  Hey, it did have 24 different christmas ribbons in the pack and the price was good too!

The image that I have used is the one for the challenge at Designed 2 Delight.

Because I wanted to show off the ribbon that I bought I kept trying to find small embellishments so that it didn't get hidden.  I was going to use some small buttons but even then they started overshadowing the ribbon!  In the end, I settled for these buckles that I bought the die-cut for at my card workshop last weekend.  They are a Memory Box die and come in a set of three buckles.  This is the middle sized one of the set.  I die cut them out of some green glitter cardstock and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.  Because they are quite open they have allowed the ribbon to have a bit more of the spotlight!  I also extended the ribbon to the edges of the card to give it a little more prominence.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2012/10/bugaboo-sketch-177.html
Designed 2 Delight
http://designed2delight.com/blog/2012/10/4665/







8 comments:

  1. Love that pearlized CS Suze!! Really beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you - Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the buckles for the embellishments at the top. What a great idea. It is so cute. Your card is adorable. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute buckle idea and lovely Christmas papers...Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to use the buckle die to help highlight your ribbon! Such a sweetie of a card. That snowman is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, love the buckles and great Christmas papers. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - I'll bet the sparkly paper and details like your ribbon are stunning in real life. Terrific job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Designed2Delight! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the glitter and your coloring is great. Thanks for joining us @ Designed2Delight !

    ReplyDelete