Wednesday 7 November 2012

Canterbury Angel

I think hearing and reading about Sandy has brought back to mind the earthquake that the region I grew up in suffered in February 2010.  Even now, they are still having aftershocks (I think they have had over 10,000 aftershocks - some small others not).  The colour scheme for this card is inspired by the red and black of the Canterbury region (NZ).



I am entering this card in the Sassy Studio Fabulous Freebie Friday challenge. 
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/fabulous-freebie-friday-10-26-12-and-challenge

This is the image from week one of the challenge which I hadn't got around to creating anything with!  She is called Sassy Angel.  I've started with a black card blank then layered some red paper from DIY and Digital Designs.  The image has been coloured with copic markers and the halo glittered.   The image has been die-cut using a Spellbinders oval die and matted onto black cardstock.  I have then added various rhinestones in the corners of the card.

I do hope that there is an angel looking over those affected by Sandy.  I can imagine how hard it has been for affected people to vote yet it is important that they do.  I'm hoping their road to recovery is a short one.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! Love the Red Embellies!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Sassy Studio Designs!! Please come back and play with us again soon!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    SSD-DT

    ReplyDelete