Wednesday 2 October 2013

Autumn Katniss

I love working with autumn colours.  Despite it being spring at the moment, the weather feels more like autumn today anyway!..




I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/sweet-sketch-wednesday-225-eureka-stamps.html
Sassy Studio Designs - Autumn Colours
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-196.html
CRAFT Challenge - Inspired By a Book (Hunger Games)
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/challenge-226-26th-of-september.html

I am currently away from home with limited internet and limited resources.  I had an idea for embellishing this card and then realised I didn't have the stuff with me!  Then I found I had brought these buttons so used them instead.  Not quite what I intended but they do work with the colour scheme!

I have used to papers from Kaisercraft - the paper pad is called "Summer Breeze".  Die-cutting is with Spellbinders dies.  I have used some chocolate brown cardstock for matting, some grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts and these wooden buttons.  The image is Katniss from Sassy Studio Designs, coloured with copic markers.

Here is the sketch:

7 comments:

  1. Love your card - awesome papers!! I too love the colors of Autumn!!
    So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suze, your buttons work great with your darling image. It is frustrating though when you know just what you want to use and don't have it with you. thanks for sharing your darling card with us. It is fall in my part of the world....have a good week.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow look at her! Beautiful job with the sketch! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Autumn card. Love the colors and your great coloring. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Suze. Love those buttons and the fun image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Suze! Love the green of her dress! Thank you for joining us ar DTBST this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suze, this is fabulous! Love the added buttons and Katniss looks great in green. Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge this week and good luck.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete