Friday 25 July 2014

O Little Town of Bethlehem

I seem to struggle to create enough cards with a more traditional feel to them.  I decided it was about time that I pulled out a traditional Christmas image and worked with it.



I am entering my card into these challenges:
Doodle Pantry - Christmas
http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/07/doodle-pantry-digital-challenge-48.html
Décosse's Dynamite Doodles - Christmas Link-up for July
http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.co.nz/p/the-12-days-of-christmas-card-link-up.html

I have used a striped paper from Kaisercraft for the background.  I like the rustic worn look to this pattern.  The image is from Doodle Pantry and coloured with copic markers E08, E04, B000, Y000, E18, E15, YG09, YG06, RV14, E53. I also added a star cut from a Memory Box Die.  The gold ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment has been typed on the computer (not sure which font I used).

3 comments:

  1. Like the Little Town of Bethlehem. Like your coloring & papers. Thank you for entering Doodle Pantry Jul Ch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    Doodle Pantry DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice coloring! Thanks for joining us over at Doodle Pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suze, what a beautiful card. I couldn't tell that you struggled at all - this is beautiful! Such a pretty image and I love it colored in the burgundy, red line. That really makes the yellow pop. Thanks so much for joining us over at the Doodle Pantry "Christmas" challenge. Good luck and I hope you will join us again!
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete