Wednesday 6 May 2015

A single rose

My Mum used to have a lot of rose bushes,  She doesn't have as many now as she has reduced the size of her garden as she has got older.  However, I tend to be drawn to images of roses when I am making cards for her.



I would like to enter my card into these challenges
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/sweet-sketch-wednesday-2.html
Pattie's Creations - Flower in the image
http://pattiescreationschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/challenge-110-must-always-use-image.html
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - Hip To Be Square
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.co.nz/2015/04/challenge-223-hip-to-be-square.html

I have used a polka dot paper that has been sitting in my stash for a few years.  The small floral piece is an offcut from another card.  I also used some glitter cardstock from DCWV.  The ribbon is from American Crafts.  The image is from Pattie's Creations and is coloured in copic markers R22, R20, YG63.  I added some white ribbon roses coloured with copic marker YG63.

Here is the sketch that I followed (fairly literally this time!):


7 comments:

  1. Lovely image and beautifully coloured, such pretty papers too. Thank you for joining us this week. Anne SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze wow I love roses as well, we only have about 100 on this property we have now but our last home had over 500 which I planted all for colour and perfume. These ones were all planted by the previous owner. Such a pretty card your mum will love it and your added embellishments. I do hope your well? Another great card and thanks so much for sharing your talent with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, your Mum is sure to love it. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Great take on the sketch!
    Thanks for playing along this month at Pattie’s Creations!
    ♥ Samantha
    Pattie’s Creations DT Member
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - love the image of the rose, and I think its so clever of you to use the little ribbon roses along the side, too. Thankyou for entering the challenge this month, at Patties Creations - Vic, Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty work Suze. So happy to see you using an image from Pattie. Love those fabric roses. There is no way you can tell they used to be white.

    Thanks so much for entering your card into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your win of 2 images (excluding sets) in Challenge #110 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in the challenge blog to email Pattie with your image choices within 7 DAYS. Her email info is on the sidebar. Also grab the 'I Won Badge'.
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete